If you're preparing to sell your home, there are a few things you should think about to help make the process as smooth as possible for the new homeowners. Here are a few things to consider:
- Leave a list of contact information: Provide a list of contact information for any service providers, such as plumbers or electricians, who have worked on the home. This will make it easier for the new homeowners to get in touch with someone if they have any questions or issues.
- Leave a list of appliance warranties: Provide a list of appliance warranties and any relevant documentation to the new homeowners. This will make it easier for them to access any warranties or guarantees if they need to.
- Leave a list of instructions: If there are any special instructions or tips for the home, such as how to operate the thermostat or how to care for the yard, leave a written list for the new homeowners.
- Clean and declutter: Make sure the home is clean and decluttered before handing it over to the new homeowners. This will make it easier for them to see the home's potential and envision themselves living there.
- Leave all keys and remotes: Make sure to leave all keys, including any garage door openers or gate keys, with the new homeowners.
- Provide copies of all relevant documents: Make sure to provide copies of all relevant documents, such as the warranty on the roof or any appliance manuals, to the new homeowners.
By considering these things, you can help make the transition to a new home as smooth as possible for the new homeowners. And once they've taken ownership of the home, it's important for them to keep track of all the details and updates for their new home. That's where Homer comes in! Homer is a home management app that helps homeowners save and manage all types of information about their homes, including receipts, important documents, home timelines, and more.
With Homer, new homeowners will have everything they need to manage and maintain their new home, all in one convenient app. Don't let the lack of information hold them back – use Homer to stay on top of things and make the most of their new home.